What is ROP?
Regional Occupation Program (ROP) is a career and technical education provider that prepares high school students for a wide range of careers and further educational opportunities. The ROP course of study combines classroom instruction with hands-on learning; ROP teachers are fully credentialed and experienced in their related industries.
ROP Classes at HBHS
• Costume Design (*APA)
• Theatre Technology (*APA)
For APA classes, please contact the APA office
Available After School ROP Classes
(Click HERE for Class Descriptions)
• Administration of Justice (Fall Semester)
• Animal Health Care Internship (year-long class)
• Auto Tech Internship (year-long class
• Baking & Pastry Fundamentals
• Careers with Children Internship
• Certified Nursing Assistant Internship (pre-req)
• Construction Technology Pre Apprenticeship
• Crime Scene Investigation
• Culinary Arts
• Dental Assistant Front Office
• Dental Assistant Back Office
(pre-req: Dental Assistant Front Office)
• Emergency Medical Responder
• Emergency Medical Technician
(Must take EMR first, seniors only, year-long)
• Fire Science
• Medical Nursing Careers Internship
• Medical Careers & Health Systems (year-long class)
• Pharmacy Technician Internship (Year-Long, Seniors Only)
• Retail Sales & Merchandising Internship
Coastline Regional Occupation Program (ROP)
Why Take ROP Classes?
Many of the courses offered through ROP allow students to get a head start on college, and students earn grades and credits toward high school graduation. Not only do the classes cover necessary prerequisite information, but they also give students an insight into what these careers actually entail. Knowing this can help them make wiser college, major, and career choices in the years to come.
ROP Classes At HBHS & Other HBUHSD Schools
ROP Class Registration
If you register before your assigned date, your registration will be deleted.
Incomplete registration will also be deleted
For Year-Long Classes you can only sign up at the end of the spring semester!
You can register for open classes up to the second week after classes start!
Spring 2022 Registration Dates by Grade
Grade 12: Monday, November 15 @3pm
Grade 11: Wednesday, November 17 @ 3pm
Grades 9 & 10: Friday, November 19 @ 3pm
Click HERE for the ROP Class Registration Page
(Active for Spring Classes on Monday 11.15.21 @3pm)
Email address you check most often
Date of Birth
Student Cell Phone Number
Language First Learned
School Currently Attending
Student ID# from Home High School
School Counselor Name
Special Programs you are in
Parent/ Guardian Email Address
Parent/Guardian Phone Number